Barefoot Trainers Ashiatsu Barefoot Massage® program will prepare students
to safely perform Ashiatsu Massage techniques in their practice of
The majority of your class time will be spent focused on learning
the application of Ashiatsu foot massage technique. Overhead parallel
bars are held onto with the hands for balance and support while performing
Ashiatsu. Each student receives a manual that covers all content
covered in the 2-day lice course including pictures and full descriptions of
each massage stroke. This course will cover:
• Origin and history of Ashiatsu massage
• Benefits and contraindications
• Foot care techniques and exercises
• Ashiatsu foot massage application and practice
• Ashiatsu for forward head posture and rounded shoulders
• Ashiatsu for low back pain
• Marketing tips
• Installation of Ashiatsu Massage bars
• Full body Ashiatsu practical performed on instructor or another student
Students are paired in groups of 2 or 3. 6 students is the maximum in any class. 2 students are required for a course to be able to be held. Students practice on each other. It is best to sign up for the course with at least one other massage therapist because this ensures the course will take place but it is still possible the course will take place if other students sign up..
Students finish this Ashiatsu training course with a sound knowledge and understanding of Ashiatsu massage allowing them to begin practicing independently.
2 main goals to achieve when performing Ashiatsu Barefoot Massage:
• To apply even pressure strokes throughout the massage. Once practiced this
becomes easy to do because you are able to use gravity to apply deeper pressures.
• Your last massage of the day will be just as easy your first massage whether you are
giving Swedish or deep tissue massages. The ability to exert less energy while giving
a massage, especially deep tissue, is what really sets Ashiatsu apart from
traditional massage techniques using the hands and arms.